Sunday, August 28, 2011

Post-Hurricane Photo Walk

It's been a busy few days here, in Brooklyn. The landfall of Hurricane Irene has affected many people in this area. Current count on the East Coast is 1.4 million without power. Many others are dealing with downed trees, floods and lack of transportation. The city has done an exceptional job of getting everyone prepared for the destruction that *could* have ensued. Thankfully, it wasn't worse.

I took a short journey around my immediate area yesterday to see how businesses and homeowners were prepping for the storm. Some of the pictures were well received - which is great. It's why I'm struggling to get better. I enjoy when a photo makes someone stop and think about it. I myself can quickly breeze through a number of photos without a second glance. But on occasion, one hits me and I have to stop and really "look" at it.

Here are some pics from today's walk, which was much more extensive. I found that while there wasn't much in the way of destruction, there was certainly a lot of activity. Hopefully I've been able to capture some of that here.

Pics from Brooklyn, NY

Post-Hurricane Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment