Friday, October 14, 2011

Comic Con Meltdown!

Well, almost.

Sorry to say that I only have 3 memory cards. a 16GB, an 8GB and a 2GB. Needless to say, I only ever really use the 16GB.

I brought all 3 just in case I needed some more room. And at one point, the conversation came up to use my camera to record some video for my cousin's show Video Masters TV. I decided I could easily use the 2GB to do this for him, as the quality on my camera would certainly be better than that of his older 720p video cameras.

I swapped the 16 and the 2 for a few seconds, before the case of a new MTV show was ready for a group photo. I decided to swap back into my 16gig'er.

And when I went to focus/shoot - I got an error indicating the card was "not formatted".

There was panic. Having just made about 100 photos at a panel. And the day had *just started*.

Knowing I could recover the files, so long as I didn't do anything else with the card for the rest of the day - thoughts swarmed through my head about what to do.

But, in the end - all I could do was shoot with the 8 and the 2 gig cards. I had to sit on the 16 or risk loosing everything.

Sure enough as soon as I got home, I loaded up some data recovery software and was able to merely copy the files off the fallen memory card onto my desktop and all was well. Performed a follow-up bad sector check and full format on the 16 card to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment