Sunday, October 9, 2011

Holidays & Parades

I really need to take a more proactive approach to planning photographic endeavors. For example. Tomorrow is Columbus Day.

I hear tell, that in NYC every year - there is a Columbus Day parade. Shocking.

Had I had the foresight to plan a photographic outing, I might have been able to put in a day off request from work to make a trek into the city and try to make a few photos.

During the #occupywallst shoot, I learned quite a bit and was interested in a follow-up visit to the "movement". Unfortunately with the group growing so large from the small gathering it was when I was there (on day 5 of the occupation) I haven't made the effort. Especially without press credentials.

I'll have to make a concerted effort, perhaps even a monthly task, to pay attention to the calendar and swap days off at work so that I can attend more city events!

No comments:

Post a Comment