Sunday, October 2, 2011

Worldwide Photo Walk - Complete!

Spent the day with a local photographer and a not-so-local photographer! The 3 of us were together for about two hours for the 4th annual Worldwide Photo Walk. This was my first photo walk with people I didn't know, and I had a great time!

The group was rather small, but I preferred it this way as it gave me an opportunity to converse with my fellow walkers in depth about the subject we all love so much. Aside from checking out each other's gear and talking about our favorite types of photography, I was able to learn a lot about a subject of interest to me - the press pass. As the leader of our group is a photographer for a local paper, he had some first-hand information, derived from experience, about the job.

Our walk was a little more than a mile, round trip. But with lots of photo ops, we certainly took our time. The leisurely stroll helped me to realize a major problem I have: walking, talking & shooting. I'm rather incapable of paying "detailed" attention to my surroundings while in rapt conversation. I'm still able to be conscious of my surroundings & safety - but looking for the right shot still eludes me. Perhaps this is incentive enough to go on more photo walks, both with & without others!

No comments:

Post a Comment