Monday, October 10, 2011

Family Portraits

With the possibility of an upcoming photo shoot with some family friends, I have been taking some notes from previous impromptu sessions I've had with other children. I would love for this shoot to be everything they want, and am willing to dedicate my time to learning the right way to do things.

I'm rather interested in making nice photographs for myself, as well. I've not had too much exposure to entertaining children while attempting to get them to sit still, and perhaps even smile! But I do love a challenge.

Sometimes, I find that just spending a day with them can often provide numerous opportunities for capturing their best expressions. I really love when children aren't "acting their age", and make adult-type faces, or motions.

1/125th @ f/5.0

Daddy was putting Isabella's hair up, and she "struck a pose" for me. It was so cute, and I was glad I had my camera in hand. Bouncing the flash off a white ceiling actually provides decent lighting, without many harsh shadows.

I do still want to move my flash off-camera, however while a $15.00 wire allows me to do this, I'm limited to 3 feet of movement. I know me. The flash and the light stand will certainly fall down.


No comments:

Post a Comment