Monday, October 17, 2011

NYCC: Lesson 1

Group Shots Require Finesse.

After the Good Vibes panel (a new show coming on after Beavis & Butt Head), the cast & creators got together on stage for the many, many photographers. As I was in the second row, isle - I was able to get right up front for this one.

Putting the camera up to my eye I made a few photos. I checked after the first one to ensure proper exposure. As I was surrounded by photographers pushing and shoving for a better spot, I had to be quick.

1/100th @ f/4.0
It wasn't until I returned home for my post-processing work that I realized:

When a group is being photographed by an even larger collection of photographers... noone will be looking the same direction.

While there were press hours shortly after this panel (which I missed due to a memory card malfunction), I was led to understand that not everyone from this group attended.

Perhaps some sort of attention-getting-gimmick for the next panel-shot I take. This way each person's eyes will be looking at my camera instead of all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment