Thursday, September 29, 2011

Again With The Sunset!?

I'm a sucker for an easy photo. And aside from over or under-processing, most sunset photographs are kinda nice. Mine tend to feel the same, but I think it's because I don't do any work in Photoshop, but rather all in Lightroom. Minor color adjustments and such.

1/100th @ f/4.0

I made this picture by the waterfront, same as before. Although this time, I did bring a tripod. The original intention was to get some bracketed shots to play around with HDR, as I haven't previously. Figured it'ed be nice to change things up with the classic shot and add a new-age technique. Much like everyone else! But alas, in the hustle and bustle of the walk, the setup, and the initially lame scene, I plum forgot!

And while en route to our destination, we passed a construction site. Here I had a chance to make a few shots of one of my favorite subjects. Wood. I'm not quite sure why, but be it lumber, driftwood, tree bark, you name it, I love the texture of this all-natural building material.

1/125th @ f/4.0

Luckily, I did also bring my strobe, and was able to get some excellent test-shots done with night-time fill-light. The first shot I made reminded me immediately of my favorite photog's work - Joe McNally. This man can do things with a flash that will blow your mind. The shots weren't perfect, but I was rather pleased with the initial result. Actually forgot for a moment that shutter speed controls ambient light, and left it at 1/200th for a bit there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment