Saturday, September 3, 2011

Knowing and Doing - Different.

I had a great time seeing my friends put their pride on the line getting up in front of a crowd. But they did. I give them credit for that.

All the while I got to make a few photos! Dim lighting, lots of movement - this was a fun test. While I didn't get quite as many pictures as I would have liked (set times for open-mic were very, very short) - I was happy with the way my 1.4 performed.

Funny how even after watching an entire Kelby Training video on concert photography, I still managed to make a few mistakes when photographing someone with an instrument at a mic. I let the microphone block out the entire mouth of the subject! Made for an odd photo, IMO. Next time I won't sit dead center of the stage!

Today's been a long day, so I'll leave with a sample shot from the show:

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment