Friday, September 16, 2011

Making Due

So of course, yesterday was a missed opportunity. Saw this beautiful sunset from the window and couldn't have gotten ready fast enough. So instead, waited until today.

Today... not so nice. Cloud coverage was a bit much for my taste. Made a few photos, nothing to write home about. This was the best of the batch. Edited down for excess sky and sea.


Handheld 1/60th @ f/6.30



I often feel as if my wide crops (which I do fairly often) break some sort of rules. I don't see people cropping for odd sizes as much I seem to. I guess I never really thought about it until recently.

Had an excellent encounter with a fellow photographer that was also there for the sunset. Got to talk gear & technique a bit, which was quite enjoyable. Further indication that I should invest in a few hundred business cards with website addresses to allow people to see the work I've created. But we managed to swap info nonetheless, and I look forward to perhaps keeping up with his work in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment