Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meet Hiro.

As a 1-year anniversary gift to each other, my wife and I decided it was high time we got a dog! Having been a cat person all my life, this was a big step.

We went down to the a local no-kill shelter and spent a few hours making our decision. After spending quite a bit of time with this one little guy, we adopted Hiro, a 2 yeah old Chihuahua-mix.

He had recently had surgery to remove an infected eye, and was the first dog that caught my attention when we arrived at the shelter. Surprisingly, after visiting with all the other animals, we ended up back at his cage "for a peak". We were smitten. And as we asked more and more questions, and spent more and more time with him, it became obvious he was the dog for us.

Samina & Hero

So, needless to say he has been getting all of our attention! This photo was made quickly, and meant more as a snapshot. No attention was paid to the Sun's location in the sky, nor was a fill flash used. I merely liked the light as it fell on my family and made the shot.

I hope to make and share many more photos of Hiro as time goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment