Sunday, September 18, 2011

Just a Glimpse

Chore day today! After a very late night return from a wedding out of state, we decided to sleep in with the new pooch today. After we finally awoke, it was shopping and dishes and cleaning and such for most of the day. We also managed to find time to get rid of that "new dog" smell Hiro came with from the pound.

1/200 @ f/8

The shot was made while standing over my wife. Darn glass shower doors proved too difficult to shoot around. Perhaps next time I'll loose the trousers and jump into the other end of the tub to get a nice water-level shot.

Tomorrow's a busy day, with work and then a dinner with friends. However they do have a newborn baby girl - and I would like to make a few photos of her, perhaps with my 50mm & a dialed-down strobe.

I'm still entering photos into contests, as time progresses. I tend to avoid ones that require entry fees to be paid, primarily because I am not making any money with photography at the moment. As such, I did consider paying a $35 entrance fee for up to 3 portraits in this one contest... but reneged at the last moment when I read that if your submission are chosen to be judged, you are responsible to send them a physical printed image, FRAMED. Seriously? Too much work. I consider the photos ok, but lets see them win some free contests first.

No comments:

Post a Comment