Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chugging Along!

Was asked by a family friend and his wife to shoot the two of them and their baby boy! This is exciting for me, as I've already committed to an engagement photo shoot of my best friend and his fiancee. Add to it this family portrait and I'm very excited and happy at the opportunities to learn!

The diversity of the shoots is also quite appealing to me. With the engagement shoot, plans are to travel to a few different sites here in Brooklyn - locations of interest/meaning to the couple. Whereas the family portrait shoot should be doable in their home, or perhaps on a nice green lawn. I will do a little image research to determine just what might be best & get some ideas.

As a budding photographer, I'm trying my best to research all the variables that must be expected on the shoot. That should make the amount of "unexpected variables" a tad smaller!

And of course, the mind doth turn with new accessories to purchase for this next shoot. I've already got 2 Canon strobes, but currently one is forcible placed in the hotshoe. With a ~$15 cable, I should be able to keep the camera up to 3 feet away from the strobe, giving me more flexibility to use that as a key light, and use the other as either a fill light or hair light.

Let the cramming commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment