Saturday, September 10, 2011

And The Winner Is...

I've been entering a number of photo contests lately, as well as submitting photos to sites that issue 'assignments'. This has allowed me to dig into my older work as well as create ideas for new images.

More and more, I'm finding out that the memories I have of my work are much more graphic than I had thought. I mean, I was the one who made the photo, edited them, and see them occasionally. However in my mind they are stronger representations of the themes/topics of these contests. Of course I break them out and find - not so much.

For example - I will be submitting this image to an assignment titled "Shallow Depth of Field". I really thought that the background was much blurrier than it actually is.

'Useless'

In another contest titled "Shadows", I immediately thought of this photo of my bedroom door at sunset, as seen from my hallway.

'Peeking In'

In my mind, the door & wall were much darker, while the light on the floor was a long stream stretched across the floor. Not that little tiny line you see.

It's amazing what the mind thinks it remembers.

I'm trying to make a strong effort to not only submit my older work to these contests & assignments, but also to imagine up new & artistic ideas as well. Perhaps even to re-shoot some of my favorites to get them exactly the way I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment