Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Moment That Passed

Even when I'm not actively thinking about photography, I'm thinking about photography.

While on the highway today we passed a construction site for a replacement bridge being built. While the site wasn't terribly active, there was a moment - just as we were driving at some 60mph...

2 large cranes, stationary. As we approached I thought nothing of them. One crane arm painted red, the other bright yellow. Each arm faced the other, pointing in opposite directions.

The road had a slight bend. And the closer we got, the more the once separate cranes appeared to draw nearer to each other.... converging.

My heart jumped as I knew what was coming - and for one beautiful second - it was a perfectly framed photo of two crane arms, one red.... one yellow, crossing each other.

And me without my camera. Shucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment